What is Gratitude Marketing?
- What is marketing?
- What are relationship-driven businesses?
People do business with, and refer business to, others that they know, like, and trust.
- Stop being a sales person; start building relationships, business and personal.
- Find out what others need, and help them get what they need.
- Help others find someone else who may be able to help them get what they need.
It takes 10 times as much money, time, and effort to get a new client as compared to keeping a current one.
- Don’t waste what you spent getting a client; keep them.
- Do you like cold calling, either on the telephone or in person?
- Instead of cold calling, why not get referrals instead?
- Every relationship should result in a client, or a referral, or both.
- Don’t rely on prospecting for business; reply on partners who refer business to you.
- Thank people for their referrals; they just put money into your pocket.
Why do people stop doing business with you or referring business to you?
- They forget about you, or feel taken for granted.
- If you are out of sight, you are out of mind.
- If they cannot remember your name, they will not refer anyone to you.
- Your current clients should be happy clients who should refer new business to you.
To be successful, you must be memorable to those who you serve in life.
- Have clients that you appreciate rather than customers.
- Put relationships first; be a giver.
- Approach everyone with an attitude of service.
- Quit thinking about money and focus on service to others; money will follow.
- Make others feel important; remember the principles of karma.
- Apply your core principles on a daily basis.
- Always live up to commitments and fix problems the right way.
- Remain personal.
Study mentors and learn and apply their strategies.
- Work smarter, not harder; use technology to further yourself.
- Make your life’s daily goals to help achieve your long term goals.
- Drive to succeed; prospect your way to never prospect.
- Spend time each and every day in self improvement.
Send thank you notes to everyone that touches your life, everyone.
- Make notes personal, sincere, creative, and customized.
- Remember that everyone likes to be noticed.
Send cards for “fun” and “different” occasions.
- Use holidays other than Christmas for follow-up, or combine holidays.
- Send birthday cards to everyone, their spouse, & their kids.
- Send anniversary cards, either for theirs, or for their anniversary of doing business with you, or for their anniversary of being in business.
- Send birthday cards to pets, from your pets.