The 2nd Wednesday of every month the Government and Economic Affairs Committee (GEAC) hosts the Chamber's AM meeting. We will present local, county and state government representatives to update Chamber members on current topics of interest.
2016 GEAC Upcoming events
2015 Past Programs:
- October 14 – Ted Wheeler, State Treasurer
- September 9 – Kimberly Branam, PDC Deputy Director
- August 12 – Ruth Miles, Oregon Small Business Assistance
- July 8 – Representative, Jeff Reardon
- June 10 – Tri-Met General Manager, Neil McFarlane
- May 13 – Tim Williams, Oregon Governor’s Office of Film & Television
- April 8 – Char Shinn, Oregonian’s Credit Union – Judy Shiprack, County Commissions (cancelled)
- Mar 11 – Shirley Craddick, Metro Commissioner
- Feb 11 –Heather Hoell, Executive Director – Venture Portland
- Jan 14 –Christian Kaylor, economist with Workforce Oregon
2014 Past Programs:
- Nov 19 – Gayla Jennings – Community Outreach and Information Assistant, Office of the Portland City Ombudsman – Summary of city departments with jurisdiction over small business services
- Oct 15 – Small Business Healthcare (Obamacare) Update – Karen Kane, Insurance Solutions NW
- Sep 17 – Secretary of State, Kate Brown!
- Aug 20 – Portland Business Alliance – Marion Haynes, VP Govt Affairs
- Jul 16 – Metro Commissioner Carlotta Colette – Willamette Falls Project
- Jun 18 – Large Business Panel Discussion (Future of East Portland)
- May 21 – Steve Novick – PDX Transportation & Safety Update
- Apr 16 – Multnomah County Chair candidates’ debate
- Mar 19 – PDC – Micro Enterprise Funding
- Feb 19 – Kevin Minkoff, CPA – Micro and Small Business Taxation
- Jan 15 – Commercial Development for East Portland Business Growth – Ted Gilbert
2013 Past Programs:
- Nov 13 – PDC’s Neighborhood Prosperity Initiative
- Oct 9 – Business Association Roundtable
- Sept 11 – Mayor Charlie Hales
- Aug 14 – Earl Blumenauer / Willie Smith Aide Cancelled – GEAC Chamber Thinktank
- July 10 – Oregon Legislative Wrap Up with Senator Rod Monroe, Senator Chuck Thomsen, Representative Jeff Reardon and Representative Lew Fredrick.
- June 12 – Obamacare! Panel discussion with Kevin Minkoff, CPA discussing business tax credits and tax penalties related to health insurance, and a representative from Oregon’s Health Co-Op discussing “Cover Oregon,” Oregon’s health care exchange.
- May 8 – John Jackley – Director, Business and Social Equity – Portland Development Commission
- Apr 10 – Judy Shiprack – Multnomah County Commissioner, District 3
- Mar 13 – Ryan Deckert, President, Oregon Business Association
- Feb 13 – Bernie Bottomly, VP Govt. Affairs and Economic Development Portland Business Alliance
- Jan 9 – EPAP Update – Nick Sauvie and Lore Wintergreen
You too can sponsor some or all of the remaining GEAC Chamber meetings. For $100 per meeting (to cover our advertising the event and refreshments at the meeting) you’ll receive plenty of promotional consideration, like what you see above.